Atlantis Cup Regatta . 12 days
E N D O F J U L Y, B E G I N N I N G O F A U G U S T 2 0 1 9
Experience the exhilaration of a sailing regatta in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, racing from island to island in testing conditions. Participants will receive full training in sail yacht racing, learn the rules and prepare for the start. Anticipate the thrill of being on the start line with yachts all around you, all vying for the best possible position. Learn how to maintain a clear lane, how to attack the boats in front of you and how to defend from the boats behind you, all while strategising where to go to maintain clear wind. Learn how to approach a buoy, how to navigate through traffic and importantly, how to gain places in the race or increase your lead. Pre-reservations are accepted.
Please contact us by email for a detailed program. Pre-reservation are accepted.
While it is our intention to adhere to the route described above, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations due to our style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable as all Sailing holidays packages are subject to prevailing weather conditions and the skippers approval for a safe, reliable, and fun sailing holiday experience.
Including regatta registration fee. Adults only.
Occupation 4 Passengers
Info & FAQS
- Professional crew, Captain & Stewardess (Pete & Eve)
- Transfers from the Airport to the Marina and back
- Breakfast on board
- Bedlinen & bath towels
- Cleaning and final cleaning
- WIFI where a connection is available
- Snorkelling equipment, canoe, SUP (stand up paddle board)
- Insurance to cover the Portuguese legislation
- The hours indicated are based on motoring, if there is no wind
- We have calculated enough time in our programme to discover each island and make adventure stops on the sea for swimming, canoeing, SUP, snorkelling and other activities.
- When on land, we make reservations for you in the local restaurants, a great way to discover the local gastronomy. On sailing days, a light meal will be served on board.
- We will pre order your car rental, book your guided excursion or give you detailed directions where to go and what to do, including documentation (hiking tracks, island maps etc)
- Marina fees - per day for the yacht €22.62 (prices subject to change)
- Fuel for the dinghy and the yacht, in case there is no wind, please see fuel chart
- Food and drinks - we have a “yacht kitty” which guests pay in to, to cover costs (the crew will undertake the necessary shopping and preparation of the food)
- The crew is catered for by the “yacht kitty”
- Visits to restaurants, car rental, excursions, admission fees etc